School Uniform and Dress Code Policy Statement
It is our school policy that all children wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours.
Aims and objectives
Our policy on school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the children with the school;
- contributes to a positive and powerful learning climate;
- prevents children from coming to school in fashion clothes that could be distracting in class;
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
Our school uniform is:
Red sweatshirt or sweat cardigan
White polo shirt , Grey trousers or skirt/pinafore dress
In summer, Red and white gingham dresses, Grey shorts, Appropriate flat shoes (summer)
An optional red storm-proof coat may also be purchased from school.
Our P.E. Kit is:
White tee shirt
Plain black shorts
Appropriate trainers for outdoor lessons
Swimming costume, Swimming hat