If you need to contact school please use this dedicated email address: email@example.com
As advised by the government, we will do all we can to stay open for the children of key workers
All other children will need to stay at home, so we ask that you do not send your child into school from Monday onwards.
At St Joseph’s, your child’s learning is of course important to us, so we’ll continue to help your child to learn.
– All children, within school today, will be issued with a home school learning book and appropriate logins for interactive learning.
– Work can be found on the school website (https://www.stjosephsrcprimaryacademy.net/) and is organized into year groups. Simply follow the tab ‘Home Learning’ at the top of the page. There are a range of interactive resources and PDF resources that do not require printing and can be completed in the home school learning book.
– If you stated in the questionnaire, which was sent out earlier this week, your child did not have access to a computer/ laptop an individual learning pack has been printed for your child.
-Any completed work should be returned when the school reopens.
If your child is not in school today you are more than welcome to collect a school learning book or pack from the main office.
At St Joseph’s, your child’s learning is really important to us. Additional resources may be added in the near future. If you have any questions please get in touch with a member of staff.
Below are the definitions that have been agreed between Durham County Council and the DfE –
– NHS staff
– Teachers and support school
– Police and community support officers
– Frontline civilian police staff
– Prison officers and staff
– Probation officers and trainee probation officers
– LA officers and LA/ NHS social workers
– Uniformed staff in fire and rescue services
·- Armed forces personnel and some civilian MOD personnel (i.e. clinical staff, MOD police, uniformed fire and defence) and some discharged personnel
– Highway agency traffic staff
– LA environmental health officers/practitioners
– Care workers
– Food/supermarket drivers and other workers
Please note it has been agreed that both parents need to meet the key worker criteria. If this applies to you please send in the form sent home today (One form per child) KEY WORKER INFORMATION SHEET. Thank you.
Free school meals guidance
If your child receives free school meals please ensure school has your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) In the coming days, you will now receive directly from the government e vouchers.
Could you be eligible for Free School Meals? If your personal circumstances have changed and you think you may have become eligible for free school meals because you now receive a benefit please contact email@example.com to discuss how we can help you apply for a free school meal. https://bit.ly/2V8263F
National Assessment Tests
The Secretary of State for Education announced on Wednesday 18 March, that the 2019/20 national curriculum assessments will not take place due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This means the following assessments planned between April and July 2020 are cancelled:
- end of key stage 1 and key stage 2 assessments (including tests and teacher assessment)
- phonics screening check
- multiplication tables check